The purpose of the guidelines is to ensure that members carry out their activities in a serious and commercially orderly manner. It is a statutory requirement for membership that all guidelines are complied with, and breaches may result in fines and / or exclusion.
All members shall:
- Familiarize yourself well with and follow the rules for alternative treatment: Alternative Treatment Act, Register Regulations and marketing Regulations.
- Process, store and use personal information in accordance with The Personal Data Act.
- Ensure that premises, equipment and treatment are sound and in accordance with each patient's situation, condition and needs.
- Give patients the opportunity to make informed choices by informing about:
- What treatment is offered.
- To what extent the treatment is effective.
- Any side-effects.
- Estimated scope and cost of the treatment.
- Which medical explanatory model the treatment is based on.
- Inform patients about the possibility of complaining about a member's professional practice and behavior. Complaints must be addressed in writing to the association, which will process it within 4 weeks.
- Without delay, inform the association of other members' violations, or suspicions of violations, of the association's articles of association or guidelines.
No member shall:
- Perform, offer or hint at sexually explicit acts or contact of any kind. It includes, for both masseur and client:
- Nudity that is not needed for treatment.
- Touch of body parts not normally covered by massage therapy.
- Offer or advise on alternative services or ideas that are contrary to scientific knowledge. It includes, among other things:
- Dietary supplements, natural medicine, homeopathic remedies etc. without solid and unambiguously scientifically documented effect.
- Energy treatments such as healing, reiki, still points, religious laying on of hands, etc. with a claim or hint that these have an effect on specific issues.
- Guidance based on clairvoyance, psychics, channeling, medium, divination, angels, dream interpretation, astrology, tarot, crystals, pendulums etc.
- Advice against vaccination and support for vaccine opponents.
Members who are in doubt about whether a method or theory is acceptable should contact the association's management and clarify the situation before using it.
Penalties for violations:
- In the event of a minor breach, the association may give the member a warning.
- In the event of repetitions or major breaches, the member may be fined. The fine accrues to the association, or if it is appropriate, is given in full or in part as compensation to the person to whom the breach has taken place.
- In the event of a serious breach, the member may be excluded from the association.
- Cancellation of membership and fines of at least NOK. 1,000 can be appealed in writing within 14 days. The matter will then be decided by written vote at the next annual meeting.
- The board will treat all complaints confidentially. Any incompetent board members will resign during the proceedings.